1/28/08

Women are smarter than they believe

Do you get a lot of flack for this kind of gender research?

I study perceived intelligence. I don't research whether gender differences
in intelligence are innate. That always sparks controversy. But anytime you talk
about intelligence and gender, people will have strong feelings about it. Look
what happened to [Larry] Summers of Harvard [the former president of the
university was lambasted for suggesting that women are underrepresented in the
sciences at least partly due to inherent differences in intellectual ability
between the sexes]. I just let the data speak for itself. Nonetheless, sometimes
I think you have to be stupid, brave or just plain naive to work in this
area. -- Adrian Furnham, a professor of psychology at University College London

http://www.newsweek.com/id/101079?g=1

I am confident to know that my intelligence is just high enough to know every
woman alive, not yet born, and dead is smarter than me.--WFG, dope on the internet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHY ARE YOU SUCH A NEGATIVE PERSON ??? THEIR IS NO REAL REASON YOU SHOULD BE SUCH A SMART ASS ON PEOPLES PROFILE COMMENTS...JUST RETURNING THE FAVOR...P-E-A-C-E !!

WFG said...

I don't know what you're talking about. You either have me confused for someone else, or have problems. If you have an accusation to make, provide evidence.