8/2/07

Rant: I don't care what your religion says.

Stop invoking it against people. I know many will base their views on religion, but great is the sin of annoying my admittedly arrogant self, and invoking religion in a debate annoys me greatly.

If you oppose gay marriage/adoption; right to choose abortion; guns, etc., tell me why you have reasoned these things wrong, do not insult rational minds with an invocation of your religion as if it is our master. It is not. "God" says so is not a reason. And tradition for tradition's sake is hardly better. I am on the liberal side of the examples given, conservative on guns, for I be so enlightened, but I will not discount the possibility of arguments against them to the point of suppression, but I am making it known that when someone speaks against gay marriage, guns, and so on, and the best they can do is say Jesus, Allah, whomever said so, it really starts to piss me off. Have a better argument.

No comments: